Classic Content is Back!
Oh man. It's baaaaaaack.
Thanks to me remembering how to use sed and bash (handy dandies from the hardcore geek toolbelt) and updating a few PHP scripts from their clunky 2001-style coding, I've resurrected my "classic" content!!!
This is really good stuff, the first two years of outlandishjosh.com. That was a special time and place to be: North Brooklyn in 2001-2003, right in the sweet spot for the second-wave, before the war, and before the eurotrash and Single Guys In Finance started showing up.
Some of this is of course fantastically out of date, and my intention at this point is to bring it all into the new system... it's a TODO I may or may not ever get around do, but I'm happy to make the juicy stuff available again. Heck, if only for myself. It's as good as an old journal. Personal archeology.
- Ren Fayre: Bugs, Drugs, Neitzche -- a gonzo account of my trip to Luke's graduation-year extravaganza at Reed College.
- For that matter, the whole Life section is pretty good. That's where the juicy stuff is.
- Bridgetrips -- I used to do a ritual of writing the thoughts that came from reflections on riding my old first city bike over the W-burg bridge.
- Performance Texts -- stuff that I wrote to perform in front of people in a theatrical setting.
- One Year Later -- a rant written on the first anneversary of 9/11
There's a lot of gold in the day to day archive of that old frontpage. Shames me every time I read it. I used to be so good!