I've been blogging about politics a lot lately. Must be an election coming up or something. For all my griping, you gotta vote. For serious. These people are crazy, and if you're in California you can vote to "legalize it,"* with local control for the details, so it's not even a corporate takeover. So seriously, though I gripe, don't take a pass.
But my purpose here is to throw out the rest of my worldly details. So here goes:
- Spent a week on the Road up to Oregon, saw my parents, then back to Humboldt where I got the old house pretty much to myself for the weekend to pack and enjoy. It was a good decompression. Long drives are relaxing to me now, and I feel grounded to have seen my people again.
- Going to the dentist tomorrow. First time in over five years! (eeek!)
- This coming weekend is Vancouver for the Pacific Northwest Drupal Summit
- The following weekend, visit with The Robinses in San Louis
- The weekend after that, wedding of the Nice Lobster and her thoroughly likable Ken Barbe of a man, up in the Sierras.
- And the weekend after that there's the Slusarz/Erlach nuptuals back in NYC
- And then I'm off to the great metropolis of London for three weeks of experimental domesticity w/Rina. :)
In and around that I need to launch my new business, find a way to keep hitting the gym a couple times a week, plan another Houseku dinner party, and handle a few other issues.
It's going to be a pretty packed month.
*There's a great add running in Savage Henry up in the HC: "Vote No For The Status Quo". The "industry" as-is is worried about prop 19 being the end of the marijuana bubble for sure. I'm voting yes anyway.