I'm headed up to hang with Pete for a day, maybe two.
In the meantime, enjoy this re-run from last year:
January 29th 2002: The Troubles
The troubles are with me strong. An abortive day. I made it all the way to Grand Central, eventual destination White Plains, when I got the call that the whole show is postponed until tomorrow. Then waiting around for the bike shop to open (need a new derailer) and it never does. Sitting in a trendy Williamsburg cafe, wanting not to look the part that I'm looking. Like a fucking hipster. In retaliation, I composed a list of ways to fight back:
- Smile Lots (don't pout, whine, complain, bitch)
- Love to Sweat (work, exercise, exert yourself)
- Embody Raging Lumberjack Masculinity
- Take a Western (as in west-coast) Attitude
- Maintain Unbridled Optomism in the face of total narcissistic cynicism
Also, reading "Sometimes a Great Notion" by good old dead Ken Keasy. He's from my neck of the woods, and his writing makes me miss Oregon something powerful.
Sorry, I couldn't resist the idea of doing a "re-run." Hope everyone is safe and sane. FYI: Big party at my place on Saturday! Details? Email me.