Update from Londontown
First week in the UK has been good. I've been finding a good groove of productivity in my timezone-offset haven, and enjoying the quasi-domestic ease of staying with Rina; cooking and cleaning up and stuff. Rina/Josh deathwatch day three: all quiet on the Western (London) front.
Things that are rattling around in my brain:
- The nuts and bolts of having a girlfriend and how this is fundamentally different than how I've been living my life for pretty much all of adulthood.
- Britiania: funny words, centuries of imperial wealth, not so many fresh fruits and veggies.
- Observing politics from afar, I get a really good feeling from The Rally To Restore Sanity and/or Fear. It's going to be a bummer of an election, but seeing all those highly intelligent signs reminds me that the US is full of witty people too. I love you America. You're crazy, but i love you.
- Also, call me a Climate Hawk.
- Zomg, the Ducks continue to fly. I have mixed feelings about all the dirty Nike money and the changes wrought by becoming a Big Time Program, but I will admit to taking great pleasure in rooting for a team that wins often and impressively.
- Halloween party madness. It was the closest thing I think I've done to a frat extravaganza. Beware the "dentists chair." Many thanks to Jay for hosting, and props for having (IMHO) the most clever group costume: Freed Chilean Miners!
And now it is a lazy Sunday with a bit of a hangover. While I might miss the fruits and veggies, I do enjoy the easy availability of real cream for my coffee. Gotta take the ups with the downs.